Barcodes reduce the possibility of human error. The appearance of errors for manually entered data is higher than that of barcodes. A barcode scan is fast and reliable and takes less time than entering data by hand. Using a barcode system reduces employee training time. Barcode scanning is done with the help of a Barcode reader or Barcode scanner. A Barcode reader or Barcode scanner is an electronic device that is able to scan and decode barcodes. How Barcode Scanner works in Zoho inventory?
For Line Items:
You have to key in the barcode of the item as the SKU of said item in Zoho Inventory manually or using a barcode scanner.
- Go to item details in Zoho inventory.
- Scan the barcode of the item. You’ll see that the line item will be automatically added.
- Follow the above step to scan more items.
For Serial Numbers:
Barcode scanning can also be used on serial numbers
- In Bills
- In invoices
Track Serial Number feature should be enabled at the time of item creation.
- Open a bill in Zoho inventory and select the item that you want to purchase.Click on the Add Serial Number(s) option under the Quantity section of the invoice.
- A dialogue box pops-up prompting you to enter the serial numbers for the specified quantity.
- You can enter the serial numbers manually or you can scan the serial number of each unit of the item using a barcode scanner.
You have to key in the serial numbers either at the time of item creation or while creating a bill.
- Open an invoice and select the item.
- Once you have been selected the items, click on the Select Serial Number(s) option under the Quantity section of the invoice.
- A dialogue box pops-up prompting you to select the serial numbers for the given quantity of items.
- You can enter serial numbers manually or you can scan the serial number of the item using a barcode scanner.
- You can see that the serial number will be automatically added to your transaction.
We hope that this blog will be helpful, if you still have some queries you can contact at [email protected] or on contact us section on our website.
If you found this helpful, please SHARE!