About the Company:
Alberon, part of the TI Group, is a thriving software and web development company. We build web-based software applications and websites, and we work with a range of other organizations around Oxford shire. We’re looking for an experienced all-around developer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join us and work on an exciting and varied range of projects.
Role & responsibilities
- Work on a broad range of projects across multiple industries
- Take projects from the quote through to the deliverable
- Use recognized development processes (e.g., agile, waterfall) appropriate to each project
- Work collaboratively with designers, testers, project managers, and other developers
- Help & support other developers with their projects
- Provide technical support to existing clients/projects
- Stay up to date with current web trends and advancements
Desired technical skills
Extensive experience developing and testing web applications
Advanced knowledge of Laravel or other PHP frameworks
Good debugging skills
Experience in MySQL database design and optimization
Experience with integrations via REST APIs
Systems we work with
As a development agency, we get to work with a variety of software. Any experience of/interest in any of the following would be helpful, but it is more important that you can learn new systems quickly and develop them to a high standard.
- Our preferred MVC framework for application development is Laravel.
- Our preferred CMS is WordPress. We sometimes work with Drupal too.
- We also support several bespoke PHP systems.
- We use Git for version control and deployment.
- We use Campaign Monitor for email marketing.
- Our development servers run Ubuntu. We manage these using the command line (SSH) and Ansible.
- Our live servers run CentOS with cPanel/WHM. These have a web-based control panel, but we sometimes need to use the command line for more advanced configuration.
5 + Years