No business is the same and they are all different in their own ways. Like they all have their own unique sales, marketing processes and services. And with Zoho CRM solution you would be able to meet the unique requirements of your business by customizing the product. Yes, Zoho CRM allows customizing the product in a way that it would fit your business requirements.
It is really simple to begin by recognizing and listing out these requirements and then customizing the product in a manner that it meets your needs in the best possible manner.
Now customization of a product entails many different levels where you create custom modules, organise modules as per your priority, reorder them as per your preference, add/remove detail from a record’s related list, create custom view for the records and add new section in the modules so to capture the additional information & much more. Not just this, but you will also be able to make all of these wonderful changes sans having to write any code; simply using easy-to-use customization tools would do.
Now, let’s understand in detail:
Customizing modules: You need to create a new module or you can even edit an existing one by adding the custom fields, new sections and then setting the field permission and finally edit the field properties and so. The following steps need to be taken to create custom modules:
- Name the layout or rename the layout (in case editing the existing one).
- Drag & Drop required fields from New Field tray into the layout.
- Edit Field Properties & set permissions for fields from Settings icon. Use Trash icon so to remove a field from the layout.
- In order to demarcate between the different type of information, such as professional details/educational details, you need to add a new section in the layout.
- Switch between the single column layout & two column layout for a section. In order to rearrange, you can move around the sections.
- Set Module permissions for the different user accounts
- Prior to finalizing, preview module layout.
Organizing Modules: Based on the order of your usage & preference, you can use drag & drop for reordering modules. Hide modules you don’t want to view and all of the unselected tabs would be hidden from your all the users.
Customizing record’s details page: Change the order of related lists, like Open activities, and closed activities, and attachments, for the records in each of the modules. According to the business needs of your enterprise, you can choose to show/hide some related lists. Also, related list columns can be customized in order to only view details that are required by you.
Customizing Module views: You can customize how you view records, for that – sort, categorize and prioritize them according to your preferences. You can pick from three different options, such as:
- Canvas View: Using design tools to use the predefined templates or for designing your own canvas. This way you get countless options for personalization of record view.
- Kanban View: This is a card-based view and to create it you need to categorize records so they can be viewed in an organized way under the different columns.
- List View: Here, you view records sequentially or can filter them by selecting pre-defined criteria or by tailoring criteria as per the requirement.
Customizing page layout: Here you have to customize content in the record page for various users using page layouts. For this, you can utilize page layout editor for adding/removing/reordering the fields, actions, and sections of record’s detail page. Additionally, you can make the layout entirely dynamic with the use of conditional layout so to govern what is displayed on the basis of field values that are entered.
Validation Rule: Validation rules need to be set for verification so that the data that is entered by a user matches standards you have specified, prior to the user can save the record. A validation rule is going to evaluate data in fields and the return value either in the form of True or False. Also, select whether you want to display an alert message to the user when the condition is True or False.
Subform: In order to include the multiple line items in the primary form, you need to drag & drop a secondary table or form. A subform can be used within a layout so to consist the additional information as a separate section in layout.
Custom buttons & links: It is required that using the custom links you connect the CRM data with the external URLs, back-end services and the third-party apps. Custom buttons can be used to order to give access to the users for other web pages or apps from within the CRM.
This was the entire process of customizing Zoho account as per your business requirements. To seek assistance in the arena, Get in Touch with us now.