There is no better way than web portals to provide information regarding your business to your customers, generate leads or to provide customer support. And with Dynamics 365, you get a web portal integrated with the Dynamics 365 instance, in case you have Dynamics 365 Enterprise Subscription. However, in case you don’t have this subscription or if you don’t wish to use the portal license just now, you can then create this trial Dynamics 365 instance with this trial portal ready-to-go.
Here, in this blog, we would be offering instructions over how a trial portal can be created from a trial Dynamics 365 instance. In case, you are not certain regarding how to get a free Dynamics 365 30-day trial, then the detailed step-by-step guide has been offered below.
- Well, you first need to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/free-crm-trial.
- Next, it is time to click on ‘Get Started’.
- Then, click on ‘Sign-Up here’, as displayed in the given link’s page.
- It’s now time to fill in your organization’s details in the provided box and then click ‘Next’.
- Here you require to enter details to create a User ID, & then click on ‘Create My Account’.
- Next, you require to fill in details regarding the user ID and the sign-in page is presented. Don’t forget saving these details at some secure place and then finish the setup of the 30-day trial, by clicking on ‘Set up’.
- As per your requirements, the scenario that best suits your needs can be selected. At the same time, you can even change currency prior to setup completion. Once you click on the ‘Complete setup’, you will then be redirected to this 30-day trial Dynamics 365 online instance.
Now that you are redirected to the Dynamics 365 instance, here are the steps that you need to follow next to create a trial portal from a trial Dynamics 365 instance.
Step One: First login to newly created CRM instance & navigate to top left on the page.
Step Two: There you will be able to show the Apps pane. Now select Admin in this list here in order to navigate to Admin Center.
Step Three: Now on Admin center page, you need to select ‘Admin centers’ using the navigation pane on the left side (you might require scrolling to the bottom) and choose ‘Dynamics 365’ from the list. Now, this takes you to Dynamics 365 Administration Center.
Step Four: Next, you require navigating to the Applications tab in the Administration Center. Here, you require selecting Portal Add-on & then select the Manage button.
Step Five: Now the portal configuration page should be displayed in front of you. So to create the portal, you require:
- Type (this will be filled automatically and locked to the ‘Trial’ type)
- Portal’s Administrator
- Default Language for Portal
- Dynamics 365 Instance for Connecting to
- URL for Portal
- Portal Audience (This is going to be determining the set of Portal options that you’re given):
Type of Portal to be deployed:
- Customer Self-service
- Employee Self-service
- Partner Field Service
- Partner Project Service
- Customer Self Service
Now, once all the above has been gathered, you’ll be able to scroll to the bottom, & select ‘Submit’. This will kick-start portal creation. Besides, there is an option to ‘Enable’ early Portal upgradation. That will be automatically upgrading the portal when updates will be available.
As the portal is configured, now your Dynamics 365 Instance is going to consist of new navigation items under the Portals that enable you to customize the newly created portal.
This portal is also going to be accessible using Portal URL that you created as you were setting it up.
In case you are considering Dynamics 365 Portal installation for your business, then get in tough to seek right assistance.