I have often been asked by a number of Joomla users and website administrators that can I add a module with some text and images in it. Also, what about adding some custom HTML on your website or a widget provided by Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Well, I am always glad to say that Joomla comes up with the ability to cater for almost all type of specific needs of a site in the most user friendly fashion possible. In just few steps you can have the module that is customized just for your needs by using a module type called Custom HTML.
Here are the steps to allow you to achieve this in Joomla 2.5:
- Login to Joomla
- Go to Extensions > Module Manager
- Click New on the top right hand side
- Now select the type of the module in this case we select “Custom HTML”
- Now provide it a name, hide the title as we don’t need it and select the position. In this case we already know position-14 is the location where you want to publish your content.
- Enter the content that you want to display on the website in the Custom Output field
- Save it and that’s it you are done.