vTiger, a true open source Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), released version 5.1.0 last month. The new version boasts of more than 150 features/enhancements, 700 bug fixes and other performance enhancements. The new version replaces the last stable version 5.0.4. The latest version of the applcation and the upgrade package can be downloaded from sourceforge.net or their website at vtiger.com.
Some of the main features of the new version are:
- Web Services API – Allows interfacing with other applications for easy integration with Accounting Software or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications
- Workflows – Allows to add action(s) upon save of an entity (Quote/Contact/Account/Invoice etc.)
- Vtlib Library – Allows to develop and deliver new components for vTiger with no effort at all
- Services – New module for services (non stock items)
- Layout Editor – Allows to edit the layout of a particular module
- Duplicate Merging – Allows merging duplicate accounts/contacts/potentials etc
- Mail Scanner – Scan mailbox and perform actions on the basis of a pre defined criteria
- Mass Edit – Edit Multiple Records at the same time
- Multi-Currency Support – Allows selling in other currencies
- Recurring Invoice – Allows running periodic invoices
If you are looking at a CRM application to manage your contacts, accounts, sales, marketing, customer support and much more then start right by implementing vTiger CRM in your organisation. If you are already using the older version, it’s time now to take the advantages of the new version.